IMSS / Services / Accounts, Passwords & Access / Account Termination / Retirees
Transitioning to a Retiree Account
Employees who officially retire from Caltech (shown by their having a valid Caltech ID card that lists them as a "Retiree" and their HR record also shows the person as a retiree) may retain their access.caltech account and associated email address indefinitely. If this applies to you, please contact us at http://help.caltech.edu (request type IMSS > Accounts > Account Reclassification) and we will make a note of your new status.
Retiree IMSS Benefits:
- Email & Calendar:
- Keep your Caltech email account (50GB)
- Access your email from anywhere via Outlook Online https://outlook.office.com
- Configure email on your mobile device or desktop using the email configuration guides. NOTE: These applications are not provided by IMSS, you must acquire them on your own.
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint):
- Retirees will be assigned A1 licenses, granting access to Office Online Only https://portal.office.com
- To access the computer applications, you can purchase your own copy of Microsoft Office.
For a list of other retiree benefits, please visit the HR website.
Help Desk Contact Information
Remote Help: TeamViewer
In-Person: 367 S. Holliston Avenue
Room 204 (Bldg. 85)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM