SharePoint and VPN
VPN is not required for cloud services such as SharePoint. For a better experience, IMSS recommends not connecting to VPN while using SharePoint.
SharePoint is a collaboration, information sharing, and document management service.
- Upload files up to 15GB per file
- Free storage up to 1TB per site
- Team sites for documents, calendar events, links, discussion boards, tasks, blogs, wikis, etc
- Office Online - edit Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel documents in a browser
- Version control on documents, pages, and lists
- Search function with document preview
- Compatibility with a variety of browsers and devices
- Granular permissions that can be set at almost any level within a site
Requesting Access to an Existing SharePoint Site
To request access to an existing SharePoint site, submit a ticket via https://help.caltech.edu. Navigate to the request type: IMSS > Microsoft 365 > SharePoint > Request Access to an Existing SharePoint Site > Select the appropriate SharePoint site. Note that most sites require access approval. Once you submit your ticket, it will be routed to the site owner for approval before IMSS grants access. Once the approval is complete, IMSS will grant access and notify you.
|SharePoint Sites ( up to 1TB)||All||Free|
|SharePoint Sites with Customization||All||$115/hr|
|SharePoint - Additional Storage (up to 25TB)||All||$100/TB/Year or $10/100GB/Year|
Want to learn more about SharePoint at Caltech?
- View the list of the most common SharePoint Web Apps (features).
- Request more information, including a SharePoint demo at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Cloud Services > Office 365).
Need a SharePoint Site?
- Request a SharePoint site at https://help.caltech.edu (select request type: IMSS > Office 365 > SharePoint > Request a New SharePoint Site). One of our SharePoint analysts will get in touch with you to gather requirements for your site.
- Review the SharePoint Site Request Questionnaire, which will help you prepare for the site requirements meeting we will organize with your team.
FREE SharePoint Sites Include:
- Basic requirements gathering
- Basic setup
- Up to 1TB (100GB default) of storage for communications, collaboration, and files
- Increased Storage: Additional storage may be purchased up to a maximum of 25TB. This is a hard limit imposed by Microsoft per site collection.
- $100/TB/Year or $10/100GB/Year
- Advanced Consulting: $115 per hour