IMSS / Services / Collaboration, Storage & Backups / Slack
Slack is a collaboration tool that enables real-time messaging, content sharing, voice and video calls.
- Group conversations
- Direct messaging
- File sharing - 20GB per team member
- Screen sharing
- Shared channels
- SSO - Caltech Single Sign On
- Voice and video calls
- External collaboration (work with other organizations or individuals)
To request Slack, submit a request via https://help.caltech.edu (request type: IMSS > Slack). Please provide a PTA for yearly charges.
- Go to https://caltech.slack.com (this is the web app, you can also download and install the Slack app)
- Select Sign in with access.caltech account
- Login with your access.caltech username and password