Scientific WorkPlace is an easy-to-use word processor that integrates mathematics and text in the same environment.
Our license maintenance for Scientific Workplace is expired and will not be renewed. We continue to offer downloads for this product, but will not offer updates or other support for the product. Please download and use at your own discretion. Visit http://www.mackichan.com for software patches and updates.
|SolidWorks||Faculty, Staff, Students||Free|
Note that you must be on the Caltech network or using Caltech VPN in order to use Scientific WorkPlace.
- Download the Scientific WorkPlace license file from the link provided on your software.caltech.edu purchase receipt.
- Double click "Scientific WorkPlace 5.0 Installer.exe" to begin the installation process.
- Follow the instructions to download and unpack the software.
- Click "Launch Install." This will launch the software's installation program.
- When prompted, Enter the serial number provided on your purchase receipt and click Install.
- Click Next.
- Enter your name, company, and verify that the serial number is correct, then click Next.
- Select an installation location and then click Next.
- Select the type of installation. DO NOT CHOOSE NETWORK AS THE INSTALLATION TYPE.
- Select the program group name to be placed in the Start Menu.
- When prompted to register, select NO.
- Choose to restart now and click Finish.
- After the computer restarts, locate the file license.lic in the directory where you unpacked the software (usually c:\temp\Scientific WorkPlace 5.0\license.lic).
- Copy this file to the directory named `licenses' under the directory where you selected to have the product installed (usually c:\swp50\licenses).
- To test whether the license is installed correctly, launch Scientific WorkPlace. If no message appears prompting you to launch the software in viewer mode, there were no errors.