Android Devices (Alumni Instructions)
The following guide will help you configure your Caltech alumni email on your Android device.
Password Reset Instructions
If this is your first time using your alumni account and you have never reset your password, please reset your password and configure your password recovery questions before configuring your email.
Android Gmail App Instructions
- Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device
- Type "Gmail" into the search bar and then select Update (if the update option is not available, you are already on the latest version).
- Open the Gmail app
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner > Settings > Add Account
- Select Exchange and Microsoft 365
- Enter your email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org (username = access.caltech username)
- Enter your Alumni account password
Android Samsung Email App Instructions
Note: Before following these instructions, make sure that the OS on your phone is up to date. At least version 11 is required for OAuth2, needed for modern authentication.
- Go to Settings (Search for Settings in the Search bar) > Accounts and backup
2. Tap Manage accounts
3. Tap Add account
4. Tap Email
5. Tap Office 365
6. Enter email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org),
7. Tap Next
8. Enter your alumni email password and tap Sign In
9. Tap Apply. If you tap the Cancel button the email setup will start all over.
10. Optional - select the options as needed and tap Done
11. Tap Activate. This is required for connecting to Office 365 email, IMSS does not erase data from personal devices.
12. Update your email - enter email@example.com and tap Done.