IMSS / Services / Email, Calendar & Messaging / Email Configuration Guides / Apple iOS
The following guide will help you configure your Caltech email on the Mail client provided with your iOS device.
Note: Before following these instructions, make sure that the OS on your phone is up to date.
- Make sure you are running an updated OS on your mobile device
- Launch Settings
- Select Mail
- Select Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- In the email address field, enter your access.caltech username in the format email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not use a preferred email address, it MUST be your username
- Enter an Account Description (e.g. Caltech Email)
- Click Next from the top. If prompted, click on Sign In and the enter your access.caltech password
- If configuring with multi-factor authentication click here for instructions
- Select Save to complete
If your account fails to verify, try disabling Caltech Beavernet wireless connection in Settings > Wi-Fi. Re-enable the connection and attempt to add the Exchange account on your iOS device again.
Removing Old Connections to Office 365
Some users may need to update their email connections to modern authentication. If you have recently updated your email configuration on your iPhone or have started using Outlook Mobile, make sure to remove old connections to Office 365 by:
- On your iPhone go to Settings
- Tap on Mail > Accounts
- Click on your Caltech account and then click on "Delete Account". Sometimes your Caltech account will show as "Exchange" in the Accounts section. If you click on the account and it shows your Caltech email address, that is the correct account to remove.
- Remove any connections to your Caltech Office 365 account