IMSS / Services / Email, Calendar & Messaging / Email Configuration Guides / Evolution
The following instructions will guide you through configuring Evolution with OAuth2 for Office 365. Since evolution-ews 3.27.91 users can configure an Office 365 account with OAuth2 authentication.
- Open Evolution
- Use File > New > Mail Account, click Next
- Enter your name and email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org (access.caltech username)
- Uncheck Look up mail server details... and click Next
- For the server type select Exchange Web Services
- Confirm your username is in the format email@example.com (access.caltech username)
- For the Host URL enter: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
- Click Fetch URL, you will be prompted for your access.caltech password, if successful, the OAB URL will be populated. This is optional, the OAB URL is needed for the offline Global Address List (GAL) only).
- NOTE: If you use KDE desktop, you may need to delete $HOME/.local/share/keyrings/login.keyring. Upon your first authentication to Office 365 it creates a new password prompt for keyring.
- Change the Authentication to OAuth2(Office 365)
- Check Override Office365 OAuth2 settings
- Enter the following details:
- Tenant: fd5be9d9-7b72-4df9-830e-b1f9cc5b44bd
- Application ID: bae5440c-5360-4a33-bf57-4ad39e690a8b
- Redirect URI: none-local://test