Focused Inbox separates your inbox into two tabs - Focused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible - but out of the way-on the Other tab. You will be informed about email flowing to Other, and you can switch between tabs at any time to take a quick look.
How does Focused Inbox work?
Focused Inbox works with you to prioritize what's most important. What lands in Focused Inbox is based on content of the email (e.g. newsletters, machine-generated email, and so on) and who you interact with most often. If you need to fine-tune your Focused Inbox, Move to Focused and Move to Other options are available to do that.
Are there software requirements for Focused Inbox?
Focused Inbox is currently only supported by Outlook ProPlus (via Office 365), Outlook Web, and Outlook Mobile.
How do I check if I have Outlook ProPlus?
- Open Outlook
- On the menu, click Outlook > About Outlook
- The License should be Office 365 Subscription
- Open Outlook
- Click on File > Office Account
- On the right side, under Product Information it should say Subscription Product Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
How do I enable Focused Inbox?
Instructions on how to enable Focused Inbox for each supported client may be found here. Please review the software requirements above.
NOTE: In order to see the Focused Inbox menu in the ribbon, you must be on your Inbox folder.
Where can I learn more about Focused Inbox?
Please visit Microsoft's Focused Inbox for Outlook page, for more information. They have a list of FAQs including:
- Why don't I see Focused Inbox in my Outlook?
- How does Focused Inbox work with Clutter?
- Can I keep using Clutter instead of Focused Inbox?
- If I turned off Clutter, will I still be able to try Focused Inbox?
- Does Focused Inbox organize all the mail in my inbox as soon as I turn it on?
- I'm using Focused Inbox already on Outlook for iOS or Android. Does anything change for me?