Caltech is currently in the process of a complete wireless network refresh. While we work to complete the upgrades, building by building, there will be two wireless networks operating in tandem. Caltech Beavernet will be retired from each building as we roll out Caltech Secure.
For information on how visitors to Caltech may access our guest wireless networks, see Wireless Access for Visitors to Caltech.
Caltech Secure Features
- Encrypted network
- Up to 18 times faster than Caltech Visitor wireless
- Connect with access.caltech credentials
Anyone with access.caltech credentials can connect to Caltech Secure. This includes Caltech faculty, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students, staff, retirees, and visitors who have completed paperwork with Human Resources.
How to Connect
- Open WiFi Settings
- Select Caltech Secure
- Enter your access.caltech username and password
- Click Join
- Click Trust to accept the security certificate
- EAP Method: select PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: select MSCHAPv2
- Enter your Identity: your Access.Caltech username
- Some devices may have an "anonymous identity" field. Leave this blank.
- Enter Wireless Password: your Access.Caltech Password
- Certificate: System Default or None
|Anyone with access.caltech credentials can connect to Caltech Secure. This includes Caltech faculty, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students, staff, retirees, and visitors who have completed paperwork with Human Resources.||Free|
If you are trying to connect to the campus Wi-Fi (BeaverNet or Secure) or EduRoam and are prompted for a domain name, enter: caltech.edu
If you enter caltech.edu, in the domain field, and still are unable to connect, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to https://caltech.box.com/s/0ag3qksnu032wui06pw96uwi49fb0xg0 to download and install the certificate on your phone
- On your phone open Settings
- Go to Security
- Go to Encryption & Credentials
- Go to Install from storage
- Select CA Certificate from the list of types available
- Accept the warning
- Browse to the certificate file on the device and open it
- Confirm the certificate install
- Reconnect to Caltech Secure, BeaverNet or EduRoam
- When prompted for the domain name, enter caltech.edu
If you continue to experience trouble connecting, please contact the IMSS Help Desk at email@example.com or 626.395.3500.